Sunday, September 16, 2012

Allowing for creativity

I saw this video during a staff development day last year. When it ended, my colleagues and I all looked at each other because most of us are not technologically savvy, at least not to the extent that our students are. We realized that we needed to adapt to the way our students learn. However, like I mentioned in my previous post, we want to find a balance between the new technology that our students are using and making sure that they can socially interact in world without solely depending on technology. Technology is a wonderful tool and avenue for all learners, especially those that are shy and struggle with standard tests. Personally I believe that we, as educators, can integrate technology into our classrooms by using it as an assessment tool. For many, it would take the pressure off from the standard written test and allow for creativity to show how they processed the material taught. 


1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of using tech tools as alternative assessment tools. I'm sure that would appeal to many learners.

    ReplyDelete